Website BCLS Landscape Services
We are hiring for Landscape/ Hardscape Foreman. We are a Design/Build landscape firm that does a large amount of outdoor projects and unique planting landscapes. We are looking for motivated people interested in creating wonderful outdoor spaces. We design and install paver patios, retaining walls, pergolas, and outdoor kitchens.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Hardscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of hardscape projects. The foreman is responsible for working and managing on site,completing landscape and hardscape installations with great precision and business minded efficiency.
- Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
- Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
- Communicating production goals with crew members and clients.
- Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times .
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities:
- Supervises and manages landscape crew.
- Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Ensures that all equipment safely and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction.
- Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work.
- Leads by example.
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
- Follows directions from supervisor.
- Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
- Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor, and clientele.
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
- Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Trains crew members the development in the best practices of installation in company standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years (3+ years preferred) experience
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Driver’s License and reputable driving record
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
- Excellent attention to detail while working in fun & fast paced environment
- Verbal & written communications skills
- Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clientele, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)