BCLS Landscape Services
BCLS Landscape Services is a ‘culture-driven organization powered by what we call the 3 P’s. Our TEAM members must be inspired with Purpose|Passion|Pride. We are committed to empowering our TEAM members, equipping them for success, and elevating each TEAM member to GROW within our organization. If you are looking to advance your career to the next level, come hear our story and how you can be part of something GREAT. We’re seeking those who want to grow professionally and personally, those who love the outdoors and love seeing change happen in the world of lawns and landscapes. Behind every job well-done is a great TEAM.
Serving the Richmond, Va to Fredericksburg, Va region, we are a full-service landscape management firm handling predominantly commercial clients, and we are looking to expand our team of technicians. Join a dedicated group of landscape professionals. We are seeking a motivated, success-driven Turf Care Specialist. As a TEAM Member, you would work in a culture that believes in the company’s core values while carrying out the purpose, mission, and vision statements.
BCLS Landscape Services is a year-round company that specializes in commercial landscape construction, lawn and bed maintenance, horticulture, and snow removal services. The ideal candidate is an honest, landscape professional who is driven to grow our brand while displaying teamwork and maintaining a focus on safety.
As a Turf Care Specialist, you will be responsible for servicing both commercial and residential properties. You will use fertilizer, treat weeds, and perform other professional applications while ensuring the BCLS Landscape Services customer service experience for our clients. You may also be responsible for accurately measuring lawns, providing quotes and/or lawn analysis, and making field sales.
- Maintains turf and landscapes by applying knowledge and experience in performing all assigned grounds tasks.
- Applies fertilizers and insecticides. Must have Pesticide/Fertilizer Applicator’s License(s)
- Responsible for operation, calibration, and troubleshooting of application equipment. Knowledge of Z-Spray equipment and tank application equipment.
- Ability to anticipate what will occur under specific conditions (i.e., soil conditions, climate)
- Provides oversight and support of daily operations.
- Ability to participate in snow removal operations. Operates necessary equipment for snow and ice removal.
- Complies with BCLS Landscape Services safety requirements and other required training by us.
- Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by BCLS Landscape Services for our employees and customers.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate heavy equipment/snow removal equipment.
- 3 years of previous commercial landscaping experience including the ability to operate maintenance and landscaping equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leaders, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma, GED, or commensurate experience.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions and read work orders and schedules.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outside and tolerate extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to start and operate pull-start small engines.
- Ability to climb steps and walk over varying terrain.
- Ability to regularly work with and handle fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
- Competitive hourly wages
- On the job and in-classroom training on our safety programs.
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time off
- New equipment
We’re growing and always looking for talent to join our team and move up into places of higher responsibility, which equals higher pay as you learn.
Other bonuses and benefits are included and would be discussed in the interview.
Please read our mission and core values below. It’s who our TEAM is.
BCLS Landscape Services is a ‘culture-driven organization powered by what we call the 3 P’s. Our TEAM members must be inspired with Purpose|Passion, |Pride. We are committed to empowering our TEAM members, equipping them for success, and elevating each TEAM member to GROW within our organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com