Have you noticed more birdsong and trees budding with flowers? Then, it’s time to follow along with our landscape management calendar for all of your commercial property’s landscape needs.
What is Landscape Management?
We employ the latest technologies and proven green practices to improve your commercial property’s sustainability and look.
Plus, we’re your eyes and ears on the ground looking out for any insect infestation or disease that may pop up on your plants and turfgrass in-between visits. We’re your single-source landscape provider, keeping your property looking its best, season after season.
We provide commercial landscape management for the following properties:
How BCLS Landscape Services Freshen Up Your Landscaping and Lawn Care in Richmond, VA
Spring starts on March 1, 2022, at BCLS Landscape Services. Here are the lawn care and landscaping jobs we do for you in March:
- We finish cutting back ornamental grasses, such as liriope and other ornamental grasses.
- If we installed your landscapes and flowerbeds, we’ll come to your property to fertilize, weed, and deadhead spring flowers as needed.
- We continue to clean out the old mulch and put in new applications for your landscaped areas.
- It’s time to add pre-emergent herbicides to your flowerbeds, keeping grassy weeds from germinating and making your commercial property look messy.
- We also prune lower tree limbs in small trees with dieback to prevent them from breaking off during a bad storm.
- We start fertilizing spring trees and shrubs. March is also the time to prune rose bushes and crape myrtles.
By the end of March, you’ll notice that your turf is greening up, and your flowerbeds look tidy after we weed, fertilize, and mulch them. Plus, your ornamental trees will soon leaf out as temperatures rise in the spring.
As you know, April brings spring showers, but there’s still work to be done on your retail or healthcare property to prepare for May’s flowers. In April, we provide the following landscaping maintenance services:
- We put down the first high nitrogen turfgrass fertilizer application that releases slowly into the ground to give your lawn a shot of nitrogen now. And the fertilizer will continue to slowly release nitrogen into the soil for six to eight weeks.
- We’ll also apply turf post-emergent herbicides since broadleaf weeds will begin popping up soon.
- If needed, we’ll prune the new growth off of your property’s shrubs.
- We’ll start up your lawn irrigation system for the season, including maintenance services
- Our crews will continue to inspect trees, turf, and shrubs for insects and disease. We’ll treat any infected plants while we’re on-site.
- We’ll be revving up our mowers to start the mowing, trimming, and edging season in April. Remember, April showers bring May flowers.
In May, spring is in full swing. Your ornamental trees that flower will give off heady scents and color this month.
Here are the landscape management services we provide for your commercial property in May:
- We’ll put down the second turf pre-emergent and fertilizer applications.
- We’ll remove winter pansies before they begin to droop in the warm May sunshine. We’ll replace your pansies with petunias, begonias, marigolds, and other annuals that bring color and life to your property.
- We’ll apply turf post-emergent weed control only on an as-needed basis.
- We’ll continue to trim your turf and landscape beds to keep everything looking tidy.
- We’ll finish up our shrub pruning on an as-needed basis.
- We’ll treat your turf and shrubs for insect or disease infestations. We only apply insect and disease controls to keep your shrubs and turf looking their best throughout the entire growing season.
- If we notice that parts of your turf aren’t greening up, we fertilize that area with an iron-rich product for a greener color.
- We’ll also remove tree suckers (where additional tree limbs grow from the ground level) and any vines crawling up your shrubs.
- It’s now time to add summer flower installations to brighten up your landscape and greet your customers with some color before heading inside your building.
At BCLS Landscape Services, we provide commercial landscape maintenance services at competitive rates for managed properties throughout central VA. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we’re committed to exceeding your expectations.
Our commercial landscape management services include:
- Spring property preparation
- Turfgrass management
- Aeration and overseeding
- Tree and shrub care
- Site policing
- Leaf removal
- Floriculture and seasonal color
- Tree and shrub pruning
- Mulch installation
- Irrigation services
- Snow and ice removal.
We welcome your RFP invitation to send out a bid for the upcoming growing season. You can contact us by calling 804-752-0052 or filling out our contact form.