Do you want to spend more time with your family and friends outside rather than huddled around your mobile devices inside your house? Do you want to add more to your bare backyard than a picnic table?
Alternatively, you may want an outdoor space to meet without worrying about Covid safely.
Adding a patio or enhancing an outdoor living space allows you to enjoy summer parties while reducing everyone’s Covid risk. Plus, the value of your home rises when you add specific outdoor living enhancements to your backyard.
What Are Outdoor Living Enhancements?
If you enjoy spending time in your backyard, it’s time to improve your lifestyle with new outdoor living enhancements. Outdoor living enhancements include adding walkways, patios, outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, and outdoor living and dining spaces.
You can divide your backyard into different spaces connected with walkways. And you can spend most of your weekends outside enjoying your hardscapes when you add covers to protect you from the weather.
Outdoor living enhancements mean transforming a boring backyard into more outdoor rooms. It’s bringing the indoors outside.
Outdoor kitchens make the best examples; You can have almost every convenience in your outdoor kitchen that you enjoy with your indoor kitchen. Your outdoor kitchen can include a sink, pizza oven, a grill, refrigeration, and a bar. Add landscape lighting to enjoy your outdoor spaces well into the night.
Your only limitation is your imagination.
7 Outdoor Living Enhancements to Improve Your Lifestyle in Central VA
Now’s the time to plan your outdoor living enhancements before the official start of summer. Here are seven outdoor living enhancements that will improve your Central Virginia lifestyle this summer:
- Patios and terraces: Did you know that you can have more than one patio or terrace in your backyard?
If you already have a patio, it can be extended to meet your summer entertainment needs. You can also add a patio area by your pool or a quiet spot away from the house.
You can add a terrace to your urban backyard or rooftop. If you have a tiny backyard, you may want to convert it into a terrace to entertain friends during the spring, summer, and fall months.
- Outdoor structures: You may want to add fencing around your pool area or a pergola to your patio to provide some shade.
Arbors greet friends and neighbors in the front yard or act as a gateway to your backyard. Grow flowering vines to add color and contrast to your arbor.
- Water features: Nothing spells summer fun like a backyard pool if you have kids. You can host pool parties or swim laps every day.
On the flip side, you may want a pond that creates interest and life when you add koi.
Add a fountain for the sound of moving water, which can double as a focal point from your driveway or garden.
- Sports courts: Did you know that you can add a bocce ball, tennis, or basketball court to your backyard? Add to the summer fun with a sports court that brings the whole family together.
- Outdoor kitchens: If you love cooking, you can bring it outside with a brand new outdoor kitchen. You have many styles to choose from and can customize your outdoor kitchen to meet your culinary needs.
- Fire features: Warm up by an outdoor fireplace or gather the family around the fire pit to tell stories and sing songs. Fire features add ambiance, warmth, and light to your outdoor living spaces.
You can also enjoy your fire features well into the fall. People are drawn to fire, and you’ll have your guests and family enjoying the outdoors well into November with a fire feature.
- Outdoor lighting: Don’t sit in the dark! Landscape lighting is an affordable way to keep your loved ones safe at night and highlight a favorite tree or fountain.
You can add exterior lighting to your outdoor spaces, including the pool, pond, arbor, outdoor kitchen, and living rooms. Add outdoor lighting to walkways and steps so people can safely walk at nighttime.
How BCLS Landscape Services Bring the Indoors Outside in Richmond, VA
If you’re ready to transform your backyard into a gathering place this summer, you need to contact us at BCLS Landscape Services. We provide outdoor living enhancements that convert a blah backyard into a wow-worthy one.
Enjoy your outdoor living spaces with family and friends this summer. Make your outdoor living appointment today by calling us at (804) 752-0052 or filling out our contact form. We look forward to working with you on all of your commercial landscape management needs.
BCLS Landscape Services provides property care to residential and commercial properties throughout Richmond and Central Virginia.