Finally, winter is losing its grip on Central Virginia, and spring’s bursting with new life.
Is your commercial facility primed for the spring and summer seasons? If not, you need BCLS Landscape Services to get your retail or institution’s property ready for spring.
Spring Landscape Services for All of Your Commercial Property Needs
At BCLS Landscape Services, we take pride in maintaining Central VA’s commercial properties, from institutions, office and retail, to HOAs and multi-family properties.
We know that you want your property’s curb appeal to invite customers and others to your property. We manage all of your lawn care and landscape needs, so you don’t have to.
We regularly inspect your property to ensure all turf and plant life are healthy, and your irrigation system works at full capacity.
Our BCLS landscaping teams provide spring lawn and landscape management services from March through May. You can learn more on our calendar.
A Breakdown of Our Spring Commercial Lawn and Landscape Management Programs
Our spring lawn maintenance and landscape management crews start preparing your property for the summer season.
In March, we focus on your flowerbeds, tree and shrub pruning, and other landscape trimming needs, including
- Finish cutting back all liriope and ornamental grasses.
- Deadhead flowers as well as fertilize and weed landscape beds as needed. We only work with bed plants that we installed on your property.
- Continue with mulch applications that include cleaning out landscaped areas of last year’s mulch, weeding, and putting down a fresh batch of mulch.
- Apply flowerbed pre-emergent weed control.
- Prune any lower limbs that have died back on small trees over the winter.
- Spring fertilize all of your trees and shrubs.
- Prune your rose bushes.
- Finish pruning all crape myrtles.
In April, our landscape crews will focus on lawn maintenance, woody plant care, and opening your irrigation system for the season. Here are the lawn and landscape maintenance services we provide you:
- Apply high nitrogen, slow release turf fertilization.
- Apply post-emergent weed control to turfgrass.
- Prune off new growth from your shrubs as needed.
- Start up your irrigation system for the spring.
- Inspect and treat, if needed, all trees, shrubs, and turf for insects and disease.
- Begin full-scale turf edging, mowing, and trimming.
In May, our lawn and landscape management teams will continue to maintain your lawn and landscaped areas. At the end of May, we install summer flowers to usher in the height of the season.
Here are the lawn and landscape maintenance services we focus on toward late spring:
- Finish second turf pre-emergent and fertilizer applications.
- Remove winter pansies.
- Apply turf post-emergent weed control as needed.
- Turf mowing and edging.
- Turf and bed trimming.
- Pruning shrubs as needed.
- Treat any turf or shrub infested with insects or disease. We only treat if we find insect activity or a disease symptom.
- Fertilize turf that exhibits poor green-up. At BCLS Landscape Services, we add iron to boost your turf with a greener color.
- Remove all tree suckers and vines from shrubs.
- Start installing summer flowers.
Why We’re Different from Other Landscape Management Companies
At BCLS Landscape Services, we differentiate ourselves from other landscape management companies in Richmond, VA, by supplying you with a single-source provider to keep your property looking its best, season after season.
We employ innovative technologies and proven green practices to improve sustainability and increase your property’s value. We’re your eyes and ears on the ground to boost your commercial property’s curb appeal.
If you’re ready to have a landscape management company that’ll save you time and keep your property’s best interests in mind all year long, call us today at 804-752-0052 or through our contact form.
BCLS Landscape Services works on residential and commercial properties throughout Richmond and Central Virginia.