As temperatures climb higher and other dangers of climate change start to occur, it’s essential to hire a central VA lawn maintenance company that values sustainability.
At BCLS Landscape Services, we pride ourselves in caring for the environment with our propane lawnmowers and battery-operated, hand-held landscape equipment.
How does this benefit you, our commercial customer?
By marrying what’s best for the customer and what’s best for the environment, our propane lawn mowers have a lower carbon footprint and save you money at the same time.
What is a Propane Lawn Mower?
Our commercial lawn mowers, such as ZTR, walk-behind, and stand-behind mowers, use propane fuel instead of gas or electricity.
At BCLS Landscape Services, we’re committed stewards of the environment by reducing both the carbon footprint on your property and reducing noise from gas-powered equipment.
In 2017, we introduced our first propane mowers with our re-fleeting to Wright mowers. In addition, we have introduced battery-powered equipment on our client properties that have pedestrian open spaces in their landscape areas.
At BCLS Landscape Services, we aspire to be the leader in sustainable landscape practices in Central Virginia.
We use propane-powered mowers, battery-operated, hand-held equipment, bio-nutritional fertilizers, and landscape waste recycling as part of our stewardship. In addition, we provide commercial grounds management solutions that are cleaner, safer, and more cost-effective for you.
Read more: BCLS Landscape Services Prepares Your Commercial Property for the Spring Season
10 Reasons Why BCLS Landscape Services Uses Propane Lawn Mowers
These propane-fueled mowers are better than gas or electric cutters because
- Propane helps the mowers run more efficiently
- Propane is a clean fuel with fewer emissions.
- Propane fuel lasts longer, so our crews refuel less often.
- Propane helps our crews work faster to cut your commercial property.
- Propane-fueled mowers have less downtime, meaning they don’t need maintenance for oil changes.
- Propane is less expensive than gas.
- Propane won’t leak as much as a gas-powered mower.
- Propane doesn’t add to ozone action or air quality alert days.
- Propane lawn mowers aren’t as noisy as gas-powered ones.
- Propane is clean-burning and leaves a reduced carbon footprint on the environment.
These 10 benefits mean peace of mind for you, knowing that you’re helping lower your property’s carbon footprint. And we extend the savings to you by lowering the mowing cost so you can meet your budget.
8 Reasons Why BCLS Landscape Services Takes Sustainability Seriously
At BCLS Landscape Services, we value a healthy environment. But, unfortunately, landscapes use many waters, energy, labor, and other resources where the environmental and economic costs outweigh an urban landscape’s benefits.
However, sustainable landscaping practices include beautiful plants, shrubs, and trees while reducing maintenance costs that result in protecting the environment.
We also believe that using sustainable landscape practices also makes good business sense. Therefore, our Sustainable Landscape Program elevates the following environmental issues that we face:
- Reduces resource depletion
- Reduces waste
- Reduces pollution problems.
Learn more: How Plant Genetics Improve Each Year & How This Benefits You
Conversely, our Sustainable Landscape Program improves your landscape’s health in an aesthetically pleasing and cost-effective way. BCLS Landscape Services’ Sustainable Landscape Program uses the following resources for a healthier environment:
- Building healthy soils – By leaving grass clippings in place, we reduce waste and give your turfgrass a nitrogen boost. And we mow in different patterns, so we don’t cause soil compaction.
- Using fertilizer efficiently – We apply one-application turf fertilizer. Since grass clippings can give your turf up to 25% nitrogen, we use less fertilizer to promote a green, dense lawn.
- Irrigating productively – We monitor your in-ground irrigation system to ensure there are no leaks, that all areas of your turf get the appropriate amount of water, and that all spray heads pop up. We also encourage you to use spray heads that eliminate water waste.
- Reusing organic materials on-site – We compost landscape waste and turn it into compost that we reuse. Organic compost provides excellent nutrition and helps the soil retain water to promote healthy turf.
- Practicing pollution prevention – We buy our mulch that’s locally sourced to reduce transportation emissions and cost. Plus, our propane mowers have lower emissions, and our battery-operated landscape equipment doesn’t use any fossil fuel.
- Retrofitting inefficient landscapes – We incorporate native plants, perennials, shrubs, and trees that use water more efficiently and can survive heat stress.
- Choosing to recycle and buying recycled – We compost our landscape waste and recycle our plastic plant containers.
- Other ways we reduce our carbon footprint – We equip our trailers with solar panels. In the winter, we use deicing materials only when needed – at the right time and in the right amount.
We also combine liquid and rock salt that reduces how much salt we use on roads and parking lots.
If you want to know more about our Sustainable Landscape Program, contact us. We’ll be happy to tell you more.
Contact Us Today to Save on Your Mowing Costs
If you want to save money on your mowing costs, you need to call us at BCLS Landscape Services, 804-752-0052, or fill out our contact form. Our propane lawn mowers save us money, and we want to share those savings with you.
BCLS Landscape Services provides property care to residential and commercial properties throughout Richmond and Central Virginia.
FosterFuels.com, Get Your Job Done Better: The Benefits of Propane Mowers.
GreenIndustryPros.com, Clean and Mean Propane.
PropaneMissouri.com, Propane Mowers and Their Benefits for Landscaping Contractors.
Propane.com, Benefits of Propane Mowers.
Ibid, Propane’s Environmental Fact Sheet (pdf.).